Hi everyone, we hope you are all well and staying safe.
Firstly we want to congratulate all our wonderful students for their amazing performances in our mid year showcase, it was so great to see them all shine on stage. Thank you to all our wonderful families for coming along to support your children and for helping make it a fantastic afternoon. A big thank you also to our adults who performed and helped with the running of the day. We are super excited to see you all back, refreshed and ready for an amazing term 3!
In this Newsletter:
- Lockdown Plan B – Make up classes
- Term 3 Class Information
- Production 2021 Information
- Active and Creative kids voucher link
- NEW Adult Short Courses start dates
LOCKDOWN – PLAN B
As you have no doubt heard, the NSW Government has extended the lockdown in Greater Sydney for another week. This means that we will start term 3 on Zoom and move back to the studio when it is safe to do so (currently Saturday 17th July)
Our make up classes for Friday 25th/Saturday 26th June will take place on Saturday 10th July ON ZOOM and are open to all students wishing to connect and have a dance (within correct age groups of course)
Our thoughts go out to any of our families who are struggling mentally, emotionally, or financially during this challenging time. I know many kids are missing dance, and missing being out and about in the world, seeing friends, and enjoying what otherwise would have been a fun-filled holiday.
We very much look forward to connecting with everyone and getting active with all of you this weekend. Clear some space in the living room, connect your HDMI cord from your computer or phone to the TV and let’s dance!
Many of you zoomed in with us last year and know the drill. We have made it a little easier by creating simple links (Below in the timetable) for each studio so you don’t need to log in through the portal this Saturday.
SATURDAY 10th JULY – ONLINE CLASSES VIA ZOOM
MISS CHLOE & POPPIN JACK
|8.30-9am Ballet (3-6yrs)||9-9.45am ACRO/STRETCH (Open Age)||9-9.45 Ballet (7-9Yrs)|
|9-9.30am Jazz (3-6yrs)||9.45-10.30am Hip Hop (7-9Yrs)||9.45-10.30 Ballet (10-13Yrs)|
|9.30-10am Tap (3-6yrs)||10.30-11.15 Hip Hop (10-13Yrs)||10.30-11.15 Popping (7-9Yrs)|
|10-10.30am Hip Hop (3-6yrs)||11.15-12pm Popping (10-18Yrs)|
|10.30-11.15 Jazz (7-9yrs)||12-1.30pm Hip Hop/House (14-18Yrs)|
|11.15-12pm Tap (7-9yrs)|
|12-12.45 Musical Theatre (7-13Yrs)|
|12.45-1.30pm Jazz (10-13Yrs)|
|1.30-2pm Tap (10-13Yrs)|
HOW TO JOIN US ONLINE
1.Download the Zoom app on your phone, iPad, or desktop computer.
2.Simply open the URL in your web browser to the studio you normally dance in (e.g. if your class is in the cultiv8 studio you simply enter www.brookvaledancecentre.com/cultiv8zoom) this will launch the zoom app and put you in the waiting room for class.
3. Your teacher will let you in the minute class starts.
- We are using the same links for classes so you will not be allowed in till your allocated class time, please be patient in the waiting room till the previous class finishes (just like in real life)
- Children under the age of 8 must be supervised at all times while on zoom
- Please make sure you have cleared an adequate space to dance in that is free from anything you may trip or harm yourself on, 4m2 is a good amount of dance space.
- Make sure you are in your BDC Dance uniform with correct footwear for the class you are doing.
- If you need a ballet barre, a stable kitchen chair will be sufficient.
- Please make sure your name on zoom matches your name on the roll 🙂
- DON’T click these links when it is not your class times, it’s the equivalent of walking through the classroom when it’s not your class, and disrupts the class and teachers.
WEEK 1 TERM 3
Click HERE to see how to attend classes through the parent portal. Our teachers are ready to start concert routines and the 2021 Theme reveal will happen this week, don’t miss out!
We are super excited to have our End of year Production set for Thursday 2nd December at Chatswood Concourse theatre, more information will be available soon once all details are confirmed. We also have upcoming photo days and rehearsal dates as follows, please save the dates now!
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR:
Sunday 7th November – 9-5pm Photo Day at Studio
Sunday 14th November – 9-5pm Dress Rehearsal at the Studio
Thursday 2nd December – 9-5pm Tech rehearsal at the Venue
Thursday 2nd December – 6.30-9.30pm End of Year Production!!
If you want to apply your active or creative kids vouchers to Term 3 tuition, simply enter the voucher information into the corresponding form via the direct links on our website or HERE
NOTE: Vouchers must be received by the 15th of July to allow us time to deduct them from your August tuition.
NEW! ADULT SHORT COURSES
We have a number of new courses commencing next week
Including Heels, Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Tap, Commercial Jazz & Musical theatre. Courses are held Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
View our course times and start dates on our Short Courses page HERE
Registration for courses closes on Monday 12th July!
If you wish to book into a course register online in our PORTAL
Or contact us at email@example.com
- OPEN/MAKE UP CLASS WORKSHOP SATURDAY 10th JULY ONLINE
- End of Year Concert Date: Thursday 2nd December
- Adult Short Course commence Next week
Thanks for keeping up to date with what’s going on in the studio, should you ever have any queries please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at the studio
Mel & the team at BDC